Sorry Anna,

I agree, with Lindy, the HSE actually also mention setting up effective recall systems so your stuck with it I’m afraid. Our system is automated and the letters churn out at the end of every month to minimise admin time etc. So maybe you could look at something like that?

Car

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Lindy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 January 2004 10:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Hepatitis B booster recalls

Dear Anna

I agree that it time consuming, but under the COSHH Regs as an employer your Trust is required to protect its staff as far as is reasonably practicable, in this case by immunising them.  That includes the 5yr booster.  (See Green Book).

So I would say that was a legal obligation.

We take the view that informing staff they need a booster five years before the event is not reasonably practicable as people forget and it is our (an OH) responsibility.

Good Luck!

Lindy