I have recently been shown a document which advocates ear syringing, if wax is present, prior to audiometry.  I am sure that I have read some research that indicates that syringing is not indicative pre audio and should only be performed if the audiometry test results show a significant loss. (I hasten to add ear syringing is not carried out within the Occ Health dept)  In order to present my case does anyone know where I might find the information required.

Many thanks

Amanda Turner

********  DISCLAIMER  ********

The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are confidential and intended only for the named addressees.

Dissemination, forwarding, publication or other use of the message or attachments by any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal and may not be attributed to Grampian Country Food Group Limited or any Grampian Country Food Group company.

Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. Grampian Country Food Group does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.