In a message dated 20/10/2004 15:15:34 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
What risk is a sterile needle....We have probably got so used to
thinking of needles as a major hazard when really it is the hazard they
are transporting that is the risk.
I can see what you're saying but I for one don't think advocating re-sheathing of needles, used or otherwise, to be good practice. Even a clean needle is unpleasant unless of course having piercings "floats your boat" as it were.

I just find it odd that we are constantly educating staff about re-sheathing and then this practice is going on 'under our noses' backed with a policy. Maybe as Bob says it's the only option in this situation.

Thanks all for the replies

Glenn