Hello Julia,

enjoy the course is my first advice. I am very new to this arena of nursing and found it amazing to listen to experts in the field, and being able o pick their brains was invaluable. I have to say that i still do this to a few even now (thank-you Mr Loach).

this list too is superb but all i'd say is don't be too serious and certainly not too humourous or you may offend folks (I speak from personal experience).

The degree is what you make it, and with your past experience you'll no doubt give as much as yet "take". Some of the modules on my particular course were a bit fluffy and not really with an OH basis, although the assignments could have an OH slant, but even now they offered little. I guess the issue here was that I knew nowt about OH (and still don't know a lot) and i was expecting (rather silly in hindsight) the course to teach me about OH. Obviously no course can do this, and experience means everything.

The qualification has and does open doors, but my own personal view is that experience is more important that a few letters and a surfikat (for those Steve Wright fans). I know this topic has been discussed at length on the list before.

And finally, I have been very quiet of late due to a poorly PC. For those of you with Windows XP DO NOT download service pack 2, as it may crash your system too, and loose absolutely everything on your pc.

Take care y'all

Glenn