Hi

You will have to become registered in Vermont State and may have to sit something called the NYCLEX exam first. Suggest look up the Vermont State Board for Nursing on the website and take it from there. A general overseas nursing agency (such as the ones that advertise in NT jobs section may be able to help). From past experience many years ago  (so it may be out of date) you are unlikely to be able to sit or gain  RN license in any USA state without having doen obstetrics and psychiatry during your 3 year RGN training. There is an American Association of OH Nurses/Nursing somewhere on the web. US OH nurses take  a qualification  called COHN  - I think. Also if you search for  Vermont hospitals or nursing agencies Vermont - on the internet you will get an idea of what's out there in the way of jobs. Good luck

Marianne

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Chatterton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 2:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Advice re UK nurses working in OH USA

Dear list

I have been reading from the list for almost a year now & I find it very informative & helpful. This is my first subscription (all be it a little selfish one for me!!) and hope that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction.

Please does anybody out there have any advice about working in OH in the USA, if possible more specifically Vermont.

I have asked a few people & OH Agencies here in the UK with no luck as yet. I'm trying to organise myself so that I will be able to practice there in 5 years time.

Any advice/ suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation

Jackie Chatterton (diploma OH & General Practice Nursing).

ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying.