Dear All
It often seems to me that double standards arise on this list.

Areas of debate occur which affect many or only a few of us. Am I intestested in Acetone?Well at the moment I'm not but it is good to note that it has been discussed and that in the future I will know where to start my research if I need. Am I interested in whether my qualification is recorded on the NMC register?  Well yes I am. This is a topical debate and many work as sole practitioners and may not know of issues arising from any other source other than from this list.

Why is it okay to sign your own praises as an institute via the list but once problem occurs it should only be discussed off list?

I understand the comment made about what is of interest but actually what I find most irritating is the number of emails you get which say "out of office" or "here here" but with no comment which adds value to the discussion. Me - I spend a lot of time talking to my computer rather than sending such emails.

Over time emails have been sent which have been misunderstood and others leap in to comment - perhaps that would be the time to talk to your computer before commiting words to email. Lets not be too hasty.

I find this list invaluable and whilst I don't really want to read everything - I can't help it as I am just so nosey!

Keep up the excellent work everyone I have learnt so much and think all OH staff should use the list - what power, body of knowledge and experience there would be then!
Jean