From: James Beresford [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 June 2004 15:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Confidentiality - your help please

Cate,

1. Get in touch with the RCN for back-up.
2. You are not being obstructive
3. Do not release those notes without the written consent of the person
they apply to, either with your own in-house consent or via the
solicitors..or if they want to go that far, get them to get a judge to
subpoena them in court.
4. Stick to your guns.
You'll get far more respect to stick to the right way rather than bend
to their tantrums.
5. You cannot say whether the DDA applies...a court does that..You can
give an opinion as to whether it might and if such a request is received
I see no reason why you should not give a generic file opinion, without
divulging personal confidential stuff. File opinions happen all the time

With kind regards,

James Beresford
Occupational Health Advisor

Catherine Cross <[log in to unmask]>

23/06/2004 15:45
Please respond to Occupational Health mailing list