  From: jacqui livock
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 7:25 PM
  Subject: Re: Acetone

  hi ann
  in my pre nursing days i used to work in a dye manufacturers and we slopped acetone around by the gallon, made the hands go white for a while but it beat blue fingernails! that was in the pre coshh days (1989). the only problems we had was if you got it in a cut!
  i recall that it was only deemed as flammable so we were careful not to use it before the coffee break ciggy!
  it is sold in reasonable quantities to the public in the form of nail polish remover without a child safety cap. do you mind if i forward your details to a chum who still works for the dye company as the product safety manager?
  jacqui

  Ann Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Can anyone on the list tell me if Acetone can be absorbed into the body
    through the skin, i have looked at 2 different MSDS one saying yes one not
    saying anything? I am concerned as employees are using large quantities to
    clean their hands and are not concerned about the visible effects of
    dryness etc, nor are management and prefer this to any alternative.

    Grateful for any info

    Thanks

    Ann

  ---