As long as you  are sure that the individual was aware of the information that is contained in the records and therefor was able to give informed consent. I have in the past contacted some people to ensure that they are aware of the info that is to be released to ensure that they have given an informed consent. I have done this in cases where there are records of alcohol abuse 20 years previously for example in a NIHL claim. If this has led to a delay I have also contacted the solicitors and none have had a problem with this.

Nigel
-----Original Message-----
From: James Beresford [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 May 2004 08:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Release of Medical information

If someone consents to the release of the entire records then you do exactly that. It is not for "you" to determine what is or is not relevant in the case. That is why solicitors exist...and probably why they charge so much.

With kind regards,

James Beresford
Occupational Health Advisor

Sharon Jones <[log in to unmask]>

20/05/2004 15:25
Please respond to Occupational Health mailing list