Just for info..there are occ health professionals out there who carry out
monitoring, read findings and give guidance on exposure levels.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greta Thornbory [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 April 2004 23:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fork Lift Truck drivers

Yes, certainly. Certain occupations require that some things are checked on
a regular basis. I gave the example of chrome workers who may have skin
checks for chrome ulcers - this may be done by a manager or safety officer
who knows what to look for, or the monitoring of radiation exposure by
health physicists - the people who read and interpret the exposure monitors.
These are not OH professionals but they are still carrying out health
surveillance. I am sure that there are many other examples but these are the
first two to spring to mind.