Dear List

Many thanks to all those who have provided such useful information about copyright.  Obviously, if a paper has been put on line by its publisher then it is understood that the owner is happy for anyone to have access.  On the other hand, where copyright is retained (and often closely guarded), then this list should not allow itself to be seen as a means of infringing that copyright. As a university lecturer, I am allowed to copy bits of copyright material for my students, and am allowed to obtain photocopies of some articles, but there are stringent procedures for this, I have to sign for the copies, and the university pays the copyright owners for me to have this privilege.

With regard to job ads:  let us be practical about this.  If a job has been advertised in the media, and this list can help after that, that's wonderful.  However, it would not be right for people to use this list as a free and easy substitute for a paid for advertisement in the journals.

Regards

Bashyr