The RH range of chairs are not too bad, and come in various size
combinations (Online Ergonomics 01502 585571 or Posturite 01323 84 77 77),
The Opera range from Advanced Seating (0208 578 4308) are reasonable and
come in more size variations (they do various styles 20, 30 and 60). The
Hoganasmobler chairs are more expensive but is one of the best on the
market. Prices for these chairs range from #350 to around #1000 (0207 487
2663). In having carried out over 2,500 ergonomic assessments these chairs
have been on the whole very reliable, and adapted to suit various
requirements.

However the suitability of the chair will depend on the persons stature and
the type of work carried out. You may like to read an article I wrote for
Safety and Health Practitioner
http://www.enricosmog.com/resources/articles.htm (ergonomics and seating).
This details ins and outs of using ISO9241-5 for chair selection.

In Janaury's edition of EZ-1 ergonomics there is a start of a two part
series on seating which will give a run down of chair suppliers and update
on seating.

Duncan Abbott
enricoSmog ergonomic practitioners
www.enricosmog.com
Tel: 01747 871868

Subscribe for free to EZ-1 ergonomic news, research and good practice. Send
a blank email to [log in to unmask] with subscribe in the subject line.