Dear All

two requests for information or advice please.

1 I have a young man with Hodgkin's Disease under going Chemotherapy who works in a Lab. Providing he uses PPe, a safe method of work etc etc is there any contraindication for him returning to Lab duties on structured basis during his treatment programme. Subject to reasonable health and no bad side effects etc.

2 Ditto my lab has a lady who is 14 weeks pregnant.She is extremely concerned about the affect? on the child's development.
Risk assessment and Hazard info done/checked. The chemicals are mainly solvents and other standard lab products. Non have been identified as mutagenic I believe. (hope this is the right word?)
At this time she is undertaking office type duties within the lab area and is not directly handling anything.
Should she be removed for the duration of her pregnancy outside of this area?

Many thanks for the help. Sue