I agree with Lindsay.
This subject has come up in connection to our volunteers. A large  percentage
are older people and are taking some form of medication.
We have taken the stance that fitness should be based on risk assessment as
with all jobs. If one of the volunteers has a protracted period of absence due
 to sickness absence then we will review their fitness to undertake their
current  post or recommend alternative type of work. We have done this in light
of  forthcoming legislation -to say nothing of appreciating our  volunteers!
Jean