Hi Sandy,

I have posted on this some time ago. It is basically a requirement of the
Purchasing and Supply Agency (PASA) that agencies now meet the service framework
for staff, which basically means they must have evidence of immunity to TB,
Rubella, VZ and mors importantly Hep B.

This does cause some problems for those who are not immune, for whatever
reason (poor responder/ unvaccinated) but basically if they are not immune they
cannot be cleared to work for the agency. This is causing concerns as this
standard is higher than the DoH regs imposed for the Trust (where I work) so you
could have a member of staff employed by the Trust who is then not able to work
in that same area on the agency! Madness, but if that's the agreement then
that's what we have to work towards.

If you want to mail me off-list we can we can arrange to chat over the phone,
as I've had this headache for the past 5 months and would be more than happy
to share my experiences of it!!

Best of luck,

Glenn

(by the way there is a website but you have to login in and register so it
may be easier for us just to have a natter)