From: Sam Davies [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 May 2004 09:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Security of notes

Dear list,
I am seeking some advice regarding the security of my OH records.
I am a lone OHA and I share an administrator who has signed a
confidentiality agreement.
I have a contract with an OH provider who I use for medical advice and
assessments.
I am leaving the company in a months time and although they are recruiting
for a replacement it is likely they will not be in post before I leave.
Initially I planned to hand my OH file keys to the OH provider for safe
keeping, but I would be interested to know if I am being over cautious and
whether I could leave the key with my administrator??
I will check through the RCN Confidentiality guidance document but I am
interested re your thoughts.
Where I used to work our administrators had access to OH files.

Regards

Samantha Davies
Occupational Health Adviser