I have had my computor up dated recently & It signed a form saying just as below
Chris L
-----Original Message-----
From: Rosie Busfield [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 13 January 2004 19:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Computers/Confidentiality

Hi everyone
We have recently had our computer updated at work.  Most of the data is on the server but there was some emails on the hard disk of a fairly sensitive nature which were confidential.  It is common practice to reformat the hard disk and then give the computer out for further use.  My concern is whether reformatting is sufficient to prevent information being retrieved from the disk by a hacker or very experienced person in IT.  The advice from the PCT and the RCN is that reformatting is sufficient but the RCN suggested getting them to sign a form saying that this had been done and that it was impossible to retrieve info from the disk.
I wondered if there was anything in writing to support the above so that in the unlikely event of confidential material being retrieved, I would have some justification for my actions.  How does everyone else dispose safely of their computers in this sort of situation?  I have read the RCN booklet "Confidentiality - a guidance for occupational health nurses" but there is nothing to cover this aspect.
Thank you in anticipation
Rosie Busfield

This Email together with any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of the e-mail is forbidden and may be unlawful. If you have received the same in error, please advise the sender immediately by returning the e-mail and then delete it from your system.

As Internet communications are not secure, Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this e-mail or attachments. Furthermore, you should carry out such virus and other checks as considered appropriate to ensure that the opening and/or use of this e-mail and any attachments does not adversely affect other systems or data, for which Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited can accept no legal responsibility.