From: Susan Harrison-Stone [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Access to files

Help please
Have discovered my line manager has access to everything I have written as
an OHA since I came into post Jan last year plus all the files, memos,
letters and reports that my clerical asst. has written on folk I have seen.
Was told that only she and I would have access.  Now know that letters I
have written to RCN about my concerns about the job and a report I am doing
for RCN officer re charges made against me have all been possibly accessed
plus a letter and other doc. This was unknown and unautherised access.
Included access to all the per. officers files, payroll, pensions and other
key folk in the county council.  I have in effect stopped working as I can't
preserve confidentuality.  I have always been denied an office on my own so
have to work in open plan office with safety officers right beside me and
folk passing behind me all the time so files and screen, ph calls easily
seen/heard.
RCN going away to get legal advice.  Any thoughts please.  Rcn has been
'nice but this all started to blow three weeks ago and I wont see anyone
till Fri next week.  Very lonely here in mid wales, it is a new post and HR
are trying to fit me into their set up rather than the other way round(tell
me the old old story!).
Any thoughts
Sue