Hello
Re recent discussion about missed emails:  I may have the answer.  The
message that the correction referred to had been posted on JISCMAIL in
error, as became obvious to those who read it.  I therefore put up the
correction, and also phoned JISCMAIL administrators to delete the original
message from the archives.  That meant that those subscribers whose
computers had not been turned on until much after the original message was
sent never received it.  Obviously I could not turn back time with regard
to those who had already received it.

One suggestion that has been made recently by a number of subscribers is
that Kevin and I, the list owners, screen every message before it goes onto
the general list.  We could do that, the system allows for that.  However,
that would mean that we would lose the beauty of sometimes having (almost)
instant responses to queries and cries for help.

Providing subscribers continue, in the main, to follow the rules of
etiquette outlined in the files that you can access through the footer at
the bottom of this message, it should be possible for the list to continue
as it is;  if the discordant episodes that we sometimes have become more
frequent, then we may have to consider the screening suggestion.

In the near future, we are going to conduct a survey using an on-line
questionnaire which will give subscribers an opportunity to give their
views and preferences.

Regards
Bashyr Aziz

School of Health
University of Wolverhampton
Gorway Road
Walsall, WS1 3BD
Tel: 01902 322848       Fax: 01902 322886