Glen it may be obvious, or seemingly so, but as one respondent has pointed out, many people sit in their cars with their stereos turned on high, with windows closed and if that is not a confined space I don't know what is. therefore as my colleague is asking, what is the definitive evidence or statement that says audios have to be done before work and furthermore, what about doing audios during a shift? Where is the documentary evidence?

She has already been in touch with manufacturers, companies running audiology courses, HSE etc but has yet found nothing. She is trying to justify why she is doing something (evidence based practice if you like) and the search goes on.

With kind regards,

James Beresford
Occupational Health Adviser RN MIIRSM MIOSH DipOHN Spohn
Heales Medical Ltd

Glenn Raybone <[log in to unmask]>

03/03/2004 21:30
Please respond to Occupational Health mailing list