Before reading this message, please check that it is addressed to you.
If not, you should delete it immediately as its contents may be confidential
and its disclosure, copying or distribution unlawful.

C. &  J. Clark International Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission
of electronic viruses but responsibility for screening incoming messages and
the risk of such transmission lies with the recipient.

C. &  J. Clark International Limited Registered Office:
40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0YA.
Registered in England and Wales Company No. 141015

Lynda
At the appointment we will have the medical file available with past
history.
We don't do any 'medicals' unless there is a specific indication.
Our technical people who have to enter factories where they are exposed to
Polyurethrane have regular screening anyway.
(We have some files with history going back to Noah's Ark as there is a low
staff turnover!)
We use a tick-box questionnaire to cover things like pregnancy, diabetes,
disability, chronic problems and immune compromised illnesses, record advice
given etc.
I also send out a 'memory-jogger' email to all every 6 months to remind them
about the importance of seeking OH advice before travel and to check their
immunisation status.
Any problems are referred to the Occ Doc for decisions.
Hope this answers your question.
Regards
Kleea

Do you perform any kind of travel medical on your employees and if so, what
do you do please?
Lynda

Before reading this message, please check that it is addressed to you.
If not, you should delete it immediately as its contents may be confidential
and its disclosure, copying or distribution unlawful.

C. &  J. Clark International Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission
of electronic viruses but responsibility for screening incoming messages and
the risk of such transmission lies with the recipient.

C. &  J. Clark International Limited Registered Office:
40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0YA.
Registered in England and Wales Company No. 141015

Charlotte
Although the onus is on the individual to take responsibility for their own
health, the buck stops with the employer if the correct policies and
procedures are not in place to protect employees.
I think the Employer should make it clear to all concerned where their
responsibilities lie, otherwise you will spend your life chasing after
individuals and that is not a cost effective exercise for OH!

We have a policy on 'Management of Travel Safety & Health', outlining the
responsibilities of Directors, Managers, OH and Employees.

Employees have to see OH each time before they travel outside of Europe.
Employees are issued with a vaccination history card at the first visit,
containing the due date of boosters. This is when it becomes their
responsibility to ensure they keep their immunisation up to date.

They also have to comply with any instructions or precautionary measures
associated with business travel introduced by the company to safeguard their
health and safety They are not allowed to take part in high risk leisure
activities while on company business etc etc.

Good Luck!

Kleea Prout
C & J Clark International