Margaret,

I supply an A4 note book kept in the first aid room in which the First
aiders write , date, time ,dept, symptoms, treatment , name,  then tick a
colum for  return to work , h ome or hospital.

They do not keep any records themselves . A separate accident form  is
completed (if it is a works accident )a copy goes in their medical notes, a
copy to departmental head for their file and a copy to Environmental Health
& Safety Department for their record. Along with a minor investigation
report.

The access to all our FA rooms is via a security number pad so only myself
and known first aiders have access to the note book ,which I find
invaluable for noting trends in departments.

I hope this is of help.

Joan Twigger
Occupational Health Advisor
3M Healthcare Limited