Dear All

I would appreciate your opinions, advice and experience regarding
management of sickness absence as well as any details you could provide
regarding any recent research into this problem.

The trust I work for are looking at reducing sickness absence rates by
introducing a new system by which Occupational Health either speak to or
see everybody who is requesting to go off sick.  The train of thought is
that this system will stop those who are not genuine from going off sick.
To say that we are not happy about this is an understatement.  However, we
are tring to look at this problem from both angles to see if this system
could work, and if not what alternatives could be put in place.  One ideal
solution would be for the causes of sickness absences to be recorded and
addressed, but apparantly there is not a suitable computer system available
to do this.

As we are trying to build up a evidence base regarding this problem, either
supporting it or opposing it, I would appreciate any assistance or advice
anyone could offer.

Many thanks