Depending upon what you want that person for....

What quals ? What is the minimum you'd expect?
How flexible are they...do you need night cover?
Do they need family friendly hours...even doctors have families.
What OH experience do they have..and where?
How do they view an OH nurse? I write that because a doctor I recently worked with stated that OH nurses were a waste of time......that really went down well with the staff!
Salary expectation?
Ask them something about the company they might be working for, that anyone looking for such a post might reasonably have been able to find out on the internet / telephone call etc?

Ask them on their knowledge / awareness of how they might have dealt with a particular case, that might have occurred at your place of work?

Ask something about fairly new legislation...(ie are they up to date).

Medical questions...leave to the CMO.

With kind regards,

James Beresford
Occupational Health Adviser
Heales Medical Ltd

John Caffrey <[log in to unmask]>

05/04/2004 12:50
Please respond to Occupational Health mailing list