I believe Posturite have a selection of items such as cut out cushions but can't locate on Posturite.co.uk this evening.  Definitely in their catalogue.  Here's their phone no 01323 847777.

I havwe also had problems with people working in call centre environments either recovering from pilonidal sinus surgery or having recurring problems in that area.  Have used  kneeler type seating e.g. HAG balans make which relieves pressure on the affected area.  Have a look on http://www.sven.co.uk/pages/seating/Balans/intro.htm  there are uK suppliers.  This has helped get people back to work on occasions earlier than expected.

Regards

Heather Bearpark

----Original Message Follows---- Dear All I have a DSE user who has a long standing sacral pressure sore (between buttocks). She has a special chair which she can adjust the seat pad firmness and has been given all the appropriate occupational advice on relieving pressure, being mobile etc etc. However, there are odd days when she could do with something soft to sit on that would distribute the pressure, whether she be at her DSE or in meetings etc. I haven't worked in the NHS for many years and was wondering if anyone knows what is used nowadays for this sort of thing (e.g. in my day, we had those foam rings and pressure distribution cushions). I know that putting something on her chair would have ergonomic issues, but this is not for regular everyday use, and is only for the occasions when her pressure sore is particularly problematic. Any ideas on cushions, rings or whatever is used nowadays (and brand or supplier names), would be most appreciated. Regard! s Maxine Oliver SPOHN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying. Visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html for list archives