Marc,

As far as I know a lot of people - including people who are being *included*
in the book - are quite concerned that it is/will be seen in context, and
not as an inclusive/definitive history of all new media art in Britain...

From what I understand the impetus for the book was to provide a historical
context for work which was funded by the New Media Projects fund of the Arts
Council - which ran for a number of years and mostly funded 'distributable'
media (including net Cd etc).
Many artists (including myself) received arts council funding during these
years for major new media projects from other areas of the arts council -
ie. National Touring, Visual Arts Exhibitions, Artists film and Video etc,
and not from this one. As far as I know these - other - projects are not
being covered in this book. Although some of these 'other' artists have been
brought in in other ways for quotes, comment, or discussion (as I have)....

I have yet to see the book, so I reserve judgement, and in general I think
its a good thing that much of this work is beginning - finally - to be
written about, contextualised and documented in some way.  However I, like
you, will be concerned (and annoyed :-)) if it does appear - as the title
seems to suggest - as if it is a definitive history of the development of
'Practice and Content in the UK 1994-2004' rather than what I understand it
to be, which is a celebration of the (noteworthy) achievements of this one
particular project fund.

(please someone - lucy k, helen c?? Correct me if I am wrong!)

- Susan