Charlie et al,

I know I"m behind on everyone's posts, but here's my devil's advocate
question, which I tried to imply with my question about photography, film,
and video.

Gene Youngblood's Expanded Cinema is germane to this discussion, it seems,
but certainly predicated on the existence of a history of cinema that _does_
have technology as a distinguishing characteristic. Just because flipbooks
and zoetropes existed, doesn't mean that cinema wasn't invented, of course.

[snip]