POSTDOC POSITION:

Laser cooling and atom trapping

Postdoctoral Position at Umeå University, Sweden

Key words :
laser cooling, optical lattices, quantum state manipulation,
cold collisions, Bose-Einstein condensation

Profile:

Experience in laser cooling, atomic or laser physics

    A postdoctoral position is available in the group for Cold Matter and Laser Cooling at Umeå
University <http://www.umu.se> in Umeå, Sweden, starting any time after January 2004. The
duration of the appointment is one year, with a possible extension for another year. The
successful applicant will be expected to conduct and analyze experiments on atoms in optical
lattices. We are however also willing to consider very strong candidates involved in other
related activities, including numerical simulations of experiments.

    For more details on our research group see :

http://www.phys.umu.se/cooling/index.shtml

    Submit a CV and at least one letter of recommendation by e-mail to
    or by mail to
        Anders Kastberg
        Umeå University
        Department of Physics