Dear Jackie,

See, for example:

Smith, L. K., Botha, J. L., Benghiat, A. & Steward, W. P. (2003) Latest
trends in cancer incidence among UK South Asians in Leicester, British
Journal of Cancer, 89, pp. 70–73.

who suggest that ‘although older South Asians had much lower rates of
cancer than the rest of the population, younger South Asians were at
increased risk compared with non-South Asians’ (p. 70)... and that 'over
the last 10 years cancer rates have increased among South Asians while
they have been falling among the rest of the population’ (p. 72).

And also of interest, but with a broader focus:

Harding, S. (2003) Mortality of migrants from the Indian Subcontinent to
England and Wales: effect of duration of residence, Epidemiology, 14,
pp. 287–292.

which suggests that rates of cancer mortality increase with duration of
residence.

Alastair Owens

--
Dr Alastair Owens