Dear Sarah, Joanne and others,

The link to the Department of Health report is below.

Anurita

-----Original Message-----

From: Anurita Mulchand

Sent: 04 May 2004 16:08

Subject: The Race for Health Programme

Dear Colleagues,

I have been asked to draw your attention to the following report written by Department of Health: Equality and Human Rights Group (sponsors of the Race for Health programme).

Guidance on Developing Local Communication Support Services and Strategies

http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/08/01/00/04080100.pdf

Target Audience

It is aimed at NHS commissioners and those involved in service development, responsible for developing local communication support services and strategies.

Document Outline

The document summarises the main findings of the research in relation to;

1)         The legislative and policy framework for communication support services

2)         Analysis of existing provision

3)         Recommendations for commissioners/planners to consider in relation to the development of future services

Good Practice Guidance Notes on:

*           Guidance on Interpreter Roles and Interventions

*           Working with Interpreters

*           Working with Blind and Partially Sighted People

*           Working with Deaf and Hard of Hearing People

*           Working with Deafbind People

*           Working with People with Mental Health Needs

*           Working with People with Learning Disabilities

I hope you find this report useful.

Kind Regards,

Anurita Mulchand

Project Administrator - The Race for Health Programme

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 0161 958 4081

Fax: 0161 958 4129