From: "Iain Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 9:23 PM
Subject: CEAG lamp

Dear List,

I have just inherited from my uncle a CEAG lamp Type BE 3 with GP II stamped
below this . On the vertical cylinder face it also has the numerals
3-1/10542 stamped. As my uncle had no direct connection with mining but was
a regular navy officer I wondered if it could have "originated" there.
However there are no markings to suggest MoD, RN, etc., other than the
numerals. I can remember the lamp as far back as the mid-fifties but nobody
in the family has any idea where it came from.

Can anyone give me some info. on the date and use of the lamp and anything
else that might be interesting.

Regards,

Iain Wright