Lynne,

I can find no mention of Crukbargis Moor. 'Cruk' is possibly a
corruption of 'crous', which is to be found in many corrupt forms, and
meaning 'cross'. 'Bargis' is much easier to translate: 'buzzard'. This
element is found in many placenames; in west Cornwall in the parishes
of Towednack and Sancreed, generally associated with moorland or
coastal features, ie Carn Barges. Padel even gives an example
'Crukbargos'. (Padel O J, 'Cornish Placename Elements', (1985), English
Place-Name Society.18. He suggests the name may be found in the parish
of Luxulyan, in the St Austell district. He spells it 'Crukbargos'.

As to Abraham the Tinner, he is mentioned twice in Hatcher J, 'English
Tin Production and Trade before 1550', (1973), Claredon Press, Oxford,
63 and 87. See footnote 4 on page 63, this names his tinworks, and
locating them on Fowey moor and valley. The names given would suggest,
if Crukbargis Moor is associated with these streamworks, then you
should be looking on Bodmin Moor from Golitha Falls northward towards
Bolventor.

My belief is that you should concentrate your search in the vicinity of
Bodmin Moor, and be fairly free in accepting varying spelling,
particularly the "Cruk' element.

If I should come across anything more will let you know. Hope this is
of some help.

John