Hi Peter,
NAMHO is now British and Irish based? How can it be the
National Association? Clearly time for a name change!
Roger

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:13:21 +0000 Peter Claughton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> In 2005, July 8-10, NAMHO (the British/Irish based National Association of
> Mining History Organisations) will be holding its annual conference in the
> south-east of England, at Dorking in Surrey. The venue, close to cross
> channel links and major regional airports, provides an ideal opportunity to
> bring together mining historians from across Europe.
>
> As part of the conference it is intended to hold a seminar on 'The Common
> Aspects of European Mining History'. The seminar would include perhaps six
> papers on aspects of mining history which are not confined by national
> borders and reflect a common interest in mining be it for metals, coal or
> stone. There will be the opportunity to network  and establish working
> relationships with other mining historians from across the continent.
>
> If you are interested in attending please contact me, Peter Claughton
> <[log in to unmask]>, at the earliest opportunity. If you wish to
> present a paper please provide a short abstract and brief biographical
> details. The language for the conference will be English but we hope to
> provide facilities for presentations in other languages within the seminar.
>
> Peter

> Dr Peter Claughton,
> Blaenpant Morfil, nr. Rosebush, Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
>
> Tel. 01437 532578; Fax. 01437 532921; Mobile 07831 427599
>
> University of Exeter - School of Historical, Political and Sociological
> Studies
> (Centre for South Western Historical Studies)
> E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>
> Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
> See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/mining-history/  for details.
>
> Mining History Pages - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/~pfclaugh/mhinf/

Prof.Roger Burt
Department of History
School of Historical, Political and Sociological Studies
Amory Building
University of Exeter
Devon
Tel. (44) 01392 263291