  From: jenny hall
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 1:45 PM
  Subject: Spiritual needs

  Hi Nicole

  Its good to hear that you are intending on looking at spirituality- its not often looked at in the context of birth and women so you may find little work done on it.  I had a book published in 2001 called Midwifery mind and spirit- emerging issues of care  here is the Amazon link

  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0750642971/qid=1101752821/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-3164001-2651052?v=glance&s=books

  Also I did a chapter with Meg taylor in

  Soo downe's edited book: Normal childbirth-evidence and debate

   http://www.harcourt.com.au/book.cfm?id=75394

  Work you may like to look at specifically relating to women's spirituality is by Burkhardt Margaret A  book: Spirituality living our connectedness

  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0766820823/qid=1101753657/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-3164001-2651052?v=glance&s=books

  She has also one some papers so look up her name on a database..

  There is debate about whether womens needs are different/same as mens- can we split the spiritual need from the physical /emotional/social needs? Should we even try? Probably saying stuff you already know but when you search think holistic, holism, and spiritual need as these may throw up what you need.

  Hope this helps

  Best wishes

  Jenny

  Jennifer Hall

  The Practising Midwife

  For information on subscriptions, advertising and contributors guides please contact [log in to unmask]

  See TPM at www.midwivesonline.com/midwivesindex.htm