I have just joined this list in the hope of communicated with other midwifery researchers. As you can see from the footer I am part of the University of Southampton in England, where I am predominantly involved in educational activities for pre registration and post qualifying /post graduate midwifery programs.

My research background is linked to water immersion in labour and birth, having conducted an RCT about labouring in water in nulliparae who were progressing slowly in labour (dystocia by unit definitions of the time). Leading on from this I have an ongoing interest in pain perception during labour, and the ways women cope – or don’t- with labour pain and how midwives can support them.

I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Best wishes  Liz

Dr Elizabeth R Cluett

Senior Lecturer

School of Nursing and Midwifery