Apologies, it's our seminar as well that day.

Alison

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane sandall [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 June 2004 13:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Evaluation of community based interventions in maternal and child
health Semianr 23rd June 2004 London

 Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, Kings College London

W omen's Health, Society and Culture Seminar Series 2004

Meetings held on Wednesdays, 12.30 - 14.00

Nearest tube and rail: Waterloo - www.kcl.ac.uk/maps/waterloo.html
<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/maps/waterloo.html>

ADMISSION FREE - OPEN LECTURES, ALL WELCOME

23/6

Waterloo Bridge Wing/Franklin-Wilkins Building Room 2.21

Evaluation of community based interventions in maternal and child health

Ron Gray

Consultant Clinical Epidemiologist

National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit

University of Oxford

The recently published Wanless report recommends much more evaluation of the
effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of public health interventions. But how
do we best evaluate community based interventions in maternal and child
health? A possible approach is illustrated  using the example of the
'Starting Well' intensive home visiting project in Glasgow. Then some
lessons from evaluation of similar projects in the US will be drawn. The
emphasis will be on the challenges to evaluation and how to overcome them.

For further information and poster http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/seminar.html

or Please contact Caroline Kirby-Smith on 020 7848 3023 or

Dr  Jane Sandall
Professor of Midwifery and Women's Health
Women & Family Health Research Group,
King's College, Waterloo Bridge Wing,
Franklin-Wilkins Building,
150 Stamford Street,