(With apologies for cross-posting)

Of particular interest to list members are the Research Center and free
workshops in doing digital history.

Echo: Exploring and Collecting History Online - Science, Technology, and
Industry, a project of the Center for History and New Media, announces
the launch of its redesigned, expanded, and improved Research Center.
Available at http://echo.gmu.edu, the Research Center is the most
comprehensive portal for the history of science on the Web, and now
includes a searchable guide to more than 5,000 websites on the history
of science, technology, and industry, as well as website reviews and
annotations, and the latest science news.

The new Research Center is part of the broader expansion of the Echo
project, which has used the Internet since 2001 to collect, present, and
preserve the recent history of science, technology, and industry. Echo
provides software, consulting services, and workshops - all offered free
of charge. Our software helps practitioners of digital history find,
create, and manage digital materials without sophisticated technical
skills or knowledge, and we also offer consulting for individuals and
institutions planning to collect the recent history of science,
technology, and industry online. See our website for information about
our upcoming summer workshop, "Doing Digital History."

Funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Echo is based at George Mason
University's Center for History and New Media (http://chnm.gmu.edu),
which administers a wide range of projects in digital history. For more
information about any of Echo's projects and services, visit
http://echo.gmu.edu or email [log in to unmask]

Joan Fragaszy

Project Manager

Center for History and New Media