Dear colleagues,

(With apologies for the cross-posting)

The Technical Advisory Service for Images (TASI) offers advice and training
on all aspects of image-related digitisation. Please visit our Web site if
you're unfamiliar with our services: www.tasi.ac.uk

This year TASI will prepare a fresh series of case studies, to present an
up-to-date picture of digitisation practices throughout the UK. These
detailed studies will be made freely available on TASI's Web site.

We would like to hear from those who have recently completed (i.e. within 2
years), or are in the middle of, a digitisation project. In addition to
projects, we are keen to know about ongoing, open-ended digitisation
programmes. We are interested in ANY digitisation project of ANY size from
ANY institution or organisation within the UK. The only requirement is that
the project/programme includes digital images of some sort. Ideally, we
would prefer to hear from the project manager or coordinator.

Participating in TASI's case study project will involve some small time
commitment, but should provide good exposure for your project/programme and
will greatly assist others who are planning similar work. We are interested
in gaining a complete picture of the project - problems as well as
solutions - but will consult you about how the case study material is
presented and will treat information in confidence where this is necessary
or requested.

At this stage we simply seek expressions of interest - we will choose
particular projects to follow up in more detail, with questionnaires,
conversations or visits. Please contact me at this email address or phone
0117 928 7109. If your project is available online, please include an URL.
If it is still in progress, please include a brief outline (type of
collection, size and scope, intended user group, estimated timetable etc).

If you wish to read some case studies TASI has done in the past, please see
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/resources/casestudies.html

Best wishes

Grant

Grant Young, [log in to unmask]
Technical Research Officer
TASI - Technical Advisory Service for Images
Free help, advice and guidance for the
Further and Higher Education sector
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/
A JISC Service