But don't we who accept poverty-level jobs also send the message that we agree that that's all we are worth?

Vicky

Vicky Wiseman
BIOME Portal Development Officer
Greenfield Medical Library
QMC - University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG7 2UH.

0115 9249924 ex. 43998
http://biome.ac.uk

***Your feedback is valuable. Complete our user survey for a chance to win one of six £30 Book tokens or Amazon gift vouchers. See http://biome.ac.uk/questionnaire/ for details.***

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/11/2004 13:23:41 >>>

To push that in a slightly different direction, I always feel one should not
collaborate with one's own oppression. In this respect the CILIP hierarchy
(them again), by eg accepting poverty-level job ads, is letting us (and
themselves) down, and sending the message that we don't really mind.
Mike

Mike Morris, Librarian, ISCA
51 Banbury Rd., Oxford OX2 6PE 01865 274671