Inquiry into Public Libraries

CILIP will be submitting evidence to the recently announced Culture, Media and Sport Committee's Inquiry into Public Libraries. The deadline is extremely short and our submission has to be with the Select Committee by Friday 12 November 2004. However we do want to give CILIP members the opportunity to contribute to the CILIP response and so have set up a page on the CILIP website with a response facility. (The page also has a link to the relevant web pages of the Culture, Media and Sport Committee of the UK Parliament). You can find the CILIP web page at:

http://www.cilip.org.uk/professionalguidance/lobbying/culturemediasportcommitteeenquiry.htm

Please try and get your comments to CILIP by the start of Monday 8 November 2004. We will still take comments after that date but may not be able to fully consider them.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Guy Daines
Head of Policy & Governance
CILIP
Tel: 020 7255 0632
Mobile: 07746 796387
Email: [log in to unmask]

CILIP - more services, more advice, more support, more publications, more training opportunities, more jobs information, more meeting space, more members.  Unbeatable networking opportunities.

Are you getting the most out of your membership?

www.cilip.org.uk - there's more to membership than you think.