As a recently graduated (2 years) not so young entry into the library
services, in my area the north east there are plenty of jobs but if you are
entering the job market from graduation you can't walk into a librarian job
or even a full-time library assistant job, most of the students I graduated
with have had to do pool or library aide work to get the foot in the door.
If C.I.L.I.P don't want to lose members over the fees we need to keep the
different rates for those that have to take the low paid jobs to get
experience.

This email is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
parties to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly forbidden.  If you have received this email in error
please contact the sender.  Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of
Newcastle College.  Although this email and it’s attachments are
believed to be free of any virus or other defects which might affect
any computer or I.T. system into which they are received, no
responsibility is accepted by Newcastle College or any of it’s
associated companies for any loss or damage arising in any way from
the receipt or use thereof.