It may add a level of complexity, but it also illustrates that there are many factors to this debate that so far have not been (or not apparently been), considered by Cilip?

A little thinking outside the box  maybe?

From: Chartered Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of C.Oppenheim
Sent: 27 October 2004 16:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Subs

As it happens, a number of associations I know charge a HIGHER  rate for those living within 30 miles of London, on the basis that such members get the most out of their membership as they find it easier to attend events, make use of the "club" premises and the like.

OK, that merely serves to confuse the matter even more.

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim
Department of Information Science
Loughborough University