Dear colleages

 I am writing to invite you to contribute  to CILIP's consultation on  the
Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS)   consultation on the
European Commission’s proposal for the future Culture Programme 2007 –
2013, which I have just received. This is to replace the current Culture
2000 Programme which expires at the end of 2006.

With apologies for the short notice, I would welcome your views on any
specific or general aspect of the Culture programme  by COP Wednesday 27th
October. You are welcome to  provide feedback to me by letter, fax ,
email

 In particular, I would draw your attention to three issues/questions:

1. The UK government "favours higher profile, long term projects that will
have a real impact and demonstrate real European added value." (see DCMS
background and summary). Are you broadly in agreement with this view or
not?

2.The new proposals seek to address some of the current programme's
shortcomings. Are you satisfied with this?

3. What, if anything, will be the impact of the proposals on library and
information services and LIS professionals in the UK?

The full text of the EC proposal is available at:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/dgs/education_culture/newprog/com1_en.pdf.

Further details :

http://www.culture.gov.uk/global/consultations/

( You may have to copy and paste this.)