  From: Sarah Humphrey
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 8:19 AM
  Subject: Re: New flat-rate subscription for CILIP

  Here in the Netherlands we pay a flat-rate subscription regardless of salary to our professional association. The basic rate per year is Euro  29.00, we pay Euro 37.50 for our equivalent of "Update" (and this is still a 50% reduction on the normal subscription rate), for each special interest group we pay Euro 7.50.
  (A subscription to our professional journal is optional, thus reducing the cost further).
  So to compare with the rate that I pay to CILIP (sterling 43), my subscription to the Dutch Library Association costs sterling 54 (= membership fee, journal, plus two SIGs), not much difference really.
  Personally I'm all for the change.

  This is generating just as much heated discussion as the proposed introduction of ID cards in the UK did on another list. It's quite amusing to follow from the continent, just imagine the uproar there will be when it is announced the UK is going over to the Euro!!!

  Sarah Humphrey, Documentalist
  Records Mannagement Office
  Director General's Cabinet
  European Space Agency
  European Space Research and Technology Centre
  Noordwijk, Netherlands

  T +31 (0) 71 565 3018
  F +31 (0) 71 565 5344
  E [log in to unmask]