On 7 May 2004, at 13:14, Frances Hendrix wrote:

> The reason only one library was used was that it was thought unlikely
> many or perhaps any others would have opened their books in such a
> way, and Hampshire, who were agreeable,  were 'indicative' of the
> situation the author perceived

It might have been better not to attempt a defence of the apparently
limited sources on which the report is based.

"It was thought" and "perhaps any others would have opened their books"
and "indicative of [a "perceived" situation]" are some of the weakest

Although the punnish "opened their books" did make me smile on a cloudy
day.

John

C John Hughes BA MCLIP MInstLM
External Assessor
External Verifier
Chartered Library and Information Professional

12 Innsworth Lane
Gloucester
GL2 0DA

Tel: 01452 417865
mobile: 07986 506 404

Institute of Leadership and Management
ILM has over half a century of experience in management development and
recognition of achievement through accreditation and membership.

ILM provides distinctive and innovative services to support all
individuals and organizations in building their capability in leadership
and management, through membership, qualifications, awards and
representation

http://www.i-l-m.com