From: Chartered Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Catherall
Sent: 15 December 2004 11:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Future of Aslib

Aslib did provide an alternative to CILIP, to my mind the closure of Aslib represents a gap which could (and maybe should) be filled by a new professional body, not necessarily corporate in style but focused on member discussion, debate and knowledge sharing. The web also offers the means to concentrate and facilitiate such activities without much bureaucracy, it's a pity such a member-led, voluntary based group hasn't developed yet to provide this contrast...

Paul Catherall MA(Dist) MCLIP ILTA
Web Developer | Datblygwr y We
Information & Student Services | Gwasanaethau Myfyrwyr a Gwybodaeth North East Wales Institute of HE | Athrofa Addysg Uwch Gogledd Ddwyrain Cymru Mold Road | Ffordd yr Wyddgrug Wrexham | Wrecsam
LL11 2AW
Tel | Ffôn : 01978293341 (Internal | Mewnol: 3341) Mobile | Ffôn symudol : 07855183186 Email | E-bost: [log in to unmask] http://www.newi.ac.uk