Thanks to Terry Hanstock for drawing attention to the uncorrected transcript of CILIP's evidence to Select Committee Inquiry into Public Libraries (see below). I know that Bob McKee and Margaret Haines, who gave evidence on CILIP's behalf, have both been invited to comment on the transcript and, I believe, suggested some small amendments. Clearly an approved transcript will be published later. However you will find the key points in the transcript and the CILIP press release. Apologies for any cross-[posting.

<http://www.cilip.org.uk/aboutcilip/newsandpressreleases/news041201.htm>
Uncorrected Evidence
<http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200405/cmselect/cmcumeds/uc81-i/uc8101.htm>
Guy Daines
Head of Policy & Governance
CILIP
Tel: 020 7255 0632
Mobile: 07746 796387
Email: [log in to unmask]

Guy Daines
Principal Policy Adviser
CILIP
Tel: 020 7255 0632
Mobile: 07746 796387
Email: [log in to unmask]

CILIP - more services, more advice, more support, more publications, more training opportunities, more jobs information, more meeting space, more members.  Unbeatable networking opportunities.

Are you getting the most out of your membership?

www.cilip.org.uk - there's more to membership than you think.