-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Murcutt [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sue
Brown
Sent: 23 November 2004 09:48
To: Ian Johnson (absimj)
Subject: Message for LIS-CILIP from the DCMS/MLA/Laser Foundation

Ian
I would be most grateful if the following message (as shown in blue
print) could be sent to LIS-CILIP on behalf of the DCMS, MLA and the
Laser Foundation:

To:  LIS-CILIP
Cc:  [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
Subject:  Market Use into Public Library use

Please find attached a paragraph which explains some forthcoming market
research being conducted by DCMS, MLA with support from the Laser
Foundation.

"As part of a marketing initiative based around the target group of
14-35 year olds and libraries, we wish to pull together all existing
knowledge about this age group in terms of library use, reasons for non
-use; opinions on libraries and the services they provide and how far
needs and expectations are currently or could be better met by the
public library service. If you have recently undertaken any research or
consultation with this age group (or parts of it) which you feel would
be relevant we would very much welcome being able to share that
information.

Do please let Tina Trythall, Andrew Stevens or Frances Hendrix know of
anything relevant by the end of November you think would assist the
research and avoid duplication of effort."

My thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Susan Murcutt
on behalf of