I'm afraid the BL is rather irrelevant to my daily (or even monthly) needs,
& also inaccessible, so being able to get a reader's pass cuts no ice. In
addition, the transfer meant that what had been a lending library (&
therefore useable & accessible for all members)  became reference only,
accessible only to a few. If the LA had invested in developing a modern
library and information service, as it is constantly telling its members
they should, instead of dumping it, we might have had something worth paying
for. Other professional organisations provide such a service to their
members; it is scandalous that the professional organisation for librarians
doesn't.

Malcolm Dobson

NHS Lanarkshire Confidentiality and Disclaimer Notice
This email is intended only for the addressee named above and the contents should not be disclosed to any other person or copies taken. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of NHS Lanarkshire (NHSL) unless otherwise specifically stated.
As Internet communications are not secure NHSL do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or responsibility for any change made to this message after the original sender sent it.

We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses.