FYI, with apologies for cross-postings
Tim Buckley Owen

 -----Original Message-----
From: Blankson-Hemans, Liz [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 June 2004 18:37
Subject: 2004 Roger K Summit Scholarship for EMEA opens for applications

Dear Faculty Member

I would like to draw your attention to our Dialog press release of 26 May 2004 announcing the opening for applications to the  2004 Roger K Summit Scholarship in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.  The scholarship honours the founder of Dialog, who was a pioneer in the technology behind online information retrieval.  This will be our third award in the EMEA region, to be presented at the Online Information Conference and Exhibition at Olympia in London from November 30 - December 2.

The attached press release gives information about requirements for participation including the application form and a link to the test.  Closing date for applications is 22 October 2004.

http://www.dialog.com/pressroom/2004/emea_rks_052604.shtml

http://gep.dialog.com/scholarship/application.shtml

I would be grateful if you could circulate this notice to your student notice boards and discussion lists, as well as encouraging all eligible LIS students on your courses to apply for this scholarship worth  5000 EUROS.

For profiles of previous scholarship winners in the EMEA region and more about the scholarship, please visit http://gep.dialog.com/scholarship/

If you have any questions about the scholarship, please do not hesitate to contact me.

kind regards
Liz

Dialog, a Thomson business, changed its e-mail addresses effective January 17, 2004.  My new address follows below.
Liz Blankson-Hemans
Director,  Information Professional Development
Dialog - A Thomson Company
3 Cathedral Street
London  SE1 9DE
Tel: +44 (0)20 7940 6900